Initially, many traffic accidents may seem like simple events, but frequently this is not the case. Even the most basic of fender-benders often contain dozens of variables that may affect the outcome of your claims and damages. It is essential that injured accident victims promptly seek advice from qualified and experienced auto injury attorneys. Alabama particularly has a very short statute of limitations on the filing of injury claims.
The facts and circumstances of your accident will affect the damages that you may be able to recover. The most common causes of auto accidents include: drunk driving, distracted driving (cell phones, eating, etc.), drowsy driving, speeding, failure to yield right-of-way, failure to obey traffic signs, and, of course, speeding.
You will only have one opportunity to secure compensation for your injuries and damages that result from your accident. That’s why it is vital to work with an attorney that is experienced in properly documenting the facts and circumstances of your auto accident, injuries, medical treatments, and estimated future expenses. We have the experience and resources necessary to resolve your car accident case. Contact The Gardner Firm today for a FREE no-obligation consultation.
If You Get Into An Accident
- Report the accident to the police
- Call an ambulance if anyone is injured
- Write down the names and addresses of all drivers and passengers
- Write down the make and model of each vehicle involved
- Write down the driver's license number of all drivers
- Make a note of each driver's insurance information
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses
After The Accident
- Speak to your own attorney as soon as possible
- Call your insurance agent as soon as possible
- Take photos showing the damage to your vehicle
- Keep records of the expenses you incur as a result of the accident
- Keep copies of all insurance and medical paperwork
- See a doctor to make sure that your injuries are properly treated